Has this ever happened to you when reading? I hope it has, it's such an invigorating experience. It's been a couple hours since I stumbled upon the book lying so placidly on my staircase. It's one of the books on my list. A book many of my friends praise beyond the stars of the heavens. Their faces are filled with excitement and wonder when talking of it. I've always been curiously drawn to it. I've been meaning to get it from the library. Yet it seemed as if the god's of reading (I kid) saw fit to let this one book fall from the skies of heaven into my lap. It is a book that an incredibly talented writer has graced us with. The very bizarre and yet strangely fascinating book is pure genius. I can't put it down.
How did I come upon it? My brother, of all people, brought it home. Whether he borrowed it or bought I have no idea. I asked him if it was his, and he said yes, it's about vampires. And about love, I said. But... vampires. We left it at that. So you see, it's really an odd book that draws odd people. He isn't an avid reader like me. So now I'm taking a short pause to post a blog.
I'm not grounded by the way. Parents. Sheesh. They ungrounded me.
But I have changed my mind in what book I'm reading this week... sort of. I'll probably stay up all night finishing this one (Twilight by Stephenie Meyer), and if I do finish it, I'll continue on with the Michael Savage book. Also I want to add my list into my blog.
These are all books I've come across that have, for one reason or another, piqued my interest. Some were recommended to me, others I just have always wanted to read. I have many reasons as to why I wanted to read these particular books. You'd think I'd never read a book in my life while gazing upon this list... but I have. I read a lot. The list is quite long. Over 50? You will call me crazy after you look at it.
"The List"
Chinua Achebe - Things Fall Apart
Sarah Arthur - Dating Mr. Darcy
Jane Austen - Mansfield Park
- Persuasion
- Sense and Sensibility
- Emma
Ray Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451
Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre
Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights
Charles Bukowski - Factotum
Dan Brown - Digital Fortress
Oswald Chambers - My Utmost for His Highest
G. K. Chesterton - The Man Who Was Thursday
Curtis & Eldredge - The Sacred Romance
Ted Dekker - When Heaven Weeps
- Saint
- Skin
- Showdown
Sarah Dessen - This Lullaby
Charles Dickens - Great Expectations
- A Tale of Two Cities
- Oliver Twist
- David Copperfield
Alexandre Dumas - The Count of Monte Cristo
- Brave New World
Elizabeth Elliot - The Quest for Love
- Let Me Be a Woman
F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Collected Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Tender is the Night
- This Side of Paradise
Hamilton/Madison/Jay - The Federalist Papers
Joseph Heller - Something Happened
Aldous Huxley - The Doors of Perception
- Heaven and Hell
C. S. Lewis - The Screwtape Letters
- Til We Have Faces
- Mere Christianity
Sinclair Lewis - Main Street
Florence Litauer - Personality Plus
Stephenie Meyer - Twilight Series
Baroness Orczy - The Scarlet Pimpernel
Frank Peretti - Piercing the Darkness
- This Present Darkness
Nat Philbrick - In the Heart of the Sea
Chaim Potik - The Chosen
J. D. Salinger - Catcher in the Rye
Michael Savage - Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
Elizabeth George Speare - The Bronze Bow
A. W. Tozer - The Best of A. W. Tozer
Kurt Vonnegut - Breakfast of Champions
Scott Westerfeld - Extras
Edith Wharton - The Age of Innocence
Thomas B. White - The Believers Guide to Spiritual Warfare
Chinua Achebe - Things Fall Apart
Sarah Arthur - Dating Mr. Darcy
Jane Austen - Mansfield Park
- Persuasion
- Sense and Sensibility
- Emma
Ray Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451
Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre
Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights
Charles Bukowski - Factotum
Dan Brown - Digital Fortress
Oswald Chambers - My Utmost for His Highest
G. K. Chesterton - The Man Who Was Thursday
Curtis & Eldredge - The Sacred Romance
Ted Dekker - When Heaven Weeps
- Saint
- Skin
- Showdown
Sarah Dessen - This Lullaby
Charles Dickens - Great Expectations
- A Tale of Two Cities
- Oliver Twist
- David Copperfield
Alexandre Dumas - The Count of Monte Cristo
- Brave New World
Elizabeth Elliot - The Quest for Love
- Let Me Be a Woman
F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Collected Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Tender is the Night
- This Side of Paradise
Hamilton/Madison/Jay - The Federalist Papers
Joseph Heller - Something Happened
Aldous Huxley - The Doors of Perception
- Heaven and Hell
C. S. Lewis - The Screwtape Letters
- Til We Have Faces
- Mere Christianity
Sinclair Lewis - Main Street
Florence Litauer - Personality Plus
Stephenie Meyer - Twilight Series
Baroness Orczy - The Scarlet Pimpernel
Frank Peretti - Piercing the Darkness
- This Present Darkness
Nat Philbrick - In the Heart of the Sea
Chaim Potik - The Chosen
J. D. Salinger - Catcher in the Rye
Michael Savage - Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
Elizabeth George Speare - The Bronze Bow
A. W. Tozer - The Best of A. W. Tozer
Kurt Vonnegut - Breakfast of Champions
Scott Westerfeld - Extras
Edith Wharton - The Age of Innocence
Thomas B. White - The Believers Guide to Spiritual Warfare
That's a ridiculously long list right? Well to be honest that's not even all of them. (I still have a plethora of books I have already read that I want to reread) Those are all that have found their way on The List right now. A few recommendations need to be added here and there. But if I read one a week I'll make a good dent in my Book Wish List before summer. Those are not in the order I plan on reading them. No, but if you were observant you would have noted I put them in alphabetical order according to the author's last names. I like to be organized. I have a check list in a journal I keep. I decided weekends are a wondrous invention. Saturday is the end of the school week, end of the real week. Perfect time to finish up any book I'm reading. Sunday is the perfect time to start one, no school and a nice relaxing day. Saturdays I'll try and form a habit of giving you a quick overview of what I thought about the book of the week.
I must be out of my mind. But my mind shall be filled with all these wondrous thoughts each author intended to share.
I must be off to finish my story that is filled with vampirism. Hope you had a pleasant time taking a gander at my list. Feel free to drop me a comment and suggest your favorite book. Perhaps it will find it's way onto my ever growing list.
No comments:
Post a Comment