So since I stayed up so late I was pretty tired this morning. I think I hit snooze on my alarm 5 times. No lie. It's 5 minute intervals and so I woke up 25 mins later than planned. But it's okay, I just skipped that time getting ready. 5 minutes! Yes! Speed time to get ready. And the amazing part is my hair is like the coolest hair ever and I never have to fix it. I wake up and it's just all ready good to go. Then of course the pain, make up. The price we girls pay to enhance our beauty, or hide our ugliness. Ha. :]. I choose to believe I'm enhancing. Anyways. So I drank coffee this morning. Oh, I gagged the first time I forced it down. Why did I even drink coffee? Caffeine. I was up late and I really wanted to be awake during class(I love this class). So since I was utterly exhausted, the coffee and sleep depravity counter attacked one another and in turn balanced me out. I was no more hyper than usual, but not sleepy. Just normal. Amazingly. It was straight black coffee. Even more sick. That's all we had. Pure insanity. Nasty. I really don't like coffee. I think if I forced myself to drink it in a few short months I could build up a good tolerance to it and not mind it. Yeah, no thanks.
I really want to write later. I feel all creative now... but school comes first. Sigh.
Oh! But I want to leave you with a poem I love! It makes you stop and think.
Myself
Edgar Guest
I have to live with myself, and so
I want to be fit for myself to know,
I want to be able, as the days go by,
Always to look myself straight in the eye;
I don't want to stand, with the setting sun
And hate myself for the things I've done
I don't want to keep on a closet shelf
A lot of secrets about myself,
And fool myself, as I come and go,
Into thinking that nobody else will know
The kind of man I really am;
I don't want to dress myself in sham
I wan to go out with my head erect,
I want to deserve all men's respect;
But here in the struggle for fame and pelf
I want to be able to like myself.
I don't want to look at myself and know
That I'm bluster and bluff and empty show.
I can never hide myself from me;
I see what others may never see;
I know what others may never know,
I never can fool myself, and so,
Whatever happens, I want to be
Self-respecting and conscience free
Edgar Guest
I have to live with myself, and so
I want to be fit for myself to know,
I want to be able, as the days go by,
Always to look myself straight in the eye;
I don't want to stand, with the setting sun
And hate myself for the things I've done
I don't want to keep on a closet shelf
A lot of secrets about myself,
And fool myself, as I come and go,
Into thinking that nobody else will know
The kind of man I really am;
I don't want to dress myself in sham
I wan to go out with my head erect,
I want to deserve all men's respect;
But here in the struggle for fame and pelf
I want to be able to like myself.
I don't want to look at myself and know
That I'm bluster and bluff and empty show.
I can never hide myself from me;
I see what others may never see;
I know what others may never know,
I never can fool myself, and so,
Whatever happens, I want to be
Self-respecting and conscience free
No comments:
Post a Comment