Just a few lines from different songs I like.
Jealous of the Moon
Drag your pretty head around
wearin' you're gonna drown
With a beautiful sigh
And a river of lies
Starin' down the stars
Jealous of the moon
You wish you could fly
Just stayin' where you are
There's nothin' you can do
If you're too scared to try
Doubting Thomas
What will be left when I've drawn my last breath
Besides the folks I've met and the folks who've known me
Will I discover a soul-saving love
Or just the dirt above and below me
Sometimes I pray for a slap in the face
Then I beg to be spared cause I'm a coward
If there's a master of death
I bet he's holding his breath
As I show the blind and tell the deaf about his power
Best of Luck
She'll try as hard as she can
But he'll know it isn't good enough and won't ever be
So she'll have to start hiding how she feels though she loves him and he knows it
Still his hands are tied even if he wants to help her
Don't touch, don't look, don't think, best of luck
Why Should the Fire Die?
You're shining still behind the clouds
Saying I won't figure you out
I like it true, but let me try
And try and try for the rest of my life
I'm not scared of being alone
I'm not scared of being alone, being alone
I'm just happier being confused
Beside the fire, as long as it's with you
Tomorrow is a Long Time
If today was not an endless highway
If tonight was not a crooked trail
If tomorrow wasn't such a long time
Then lonesome would mean nothing to me at all
Yes, and only if my own true love was waiting
If I could hear his heart softly pounding
Yes, and only if he was lying by me
Hanging By a Thread
There's a certain kind of pain that can numb you
There's a type of freedom that can tie you down
Sometimes the unexplained can define you
And sometimes the silence is the only sound
Beauty and the Mess
I pull myself under and down I go again
it's just a little bit hard letting them in
looking at the world through elusive eyes
I hide in the spotlight it's a great disguise
Reasons Why
We get distracted by dreams of our own
But nobody's happy while feeling alone
And knowing how hard it hurts when we fall
We lean another ladder against the wrong wall
And climb high to the highest rung, to shake fists at the sky
While others have excuses, I have my reasons why
With so much deception it's hard not to wander away
This Side
One day you'll see her and you'll know what I mean.
Take her or leave her she will still be the same.
She'll not try to buy you with her time.
But nothing's the same, as you will see when she's gone.
You dream of colors that have never been made,
You imagine songs that have never been played.
They will try to buy you and your mind.
Only the curious have something to find.
Drag your pretty head around
wearin' you're gonna drown
With a beautiful sigh
And a river of lies
Starin' down the stars
Jealous of the moon
You wish you could fly
Just stayin' where you are
There's nothin' you can do
If you're too scared to try
Doubting Thomas
What will be left when I've drawn my last breath
Besides the folks I've met and the folks who've known me
Will I discover a soul-saving love
Or just the dirt above and below me
Sometimes I pray for a slap in the face
Then I beg to be spared cause I'm a coward
If there's a master of death
I bet he's holding his breath
As I show the blind and tell the deaf about his power
Best of Luck
She'll try as hard as she can
But he'll know it isn't good enough and won't ever be
So she'll have to start hiding how she feels though she loves him and he knows it
Still his hands are tied even if he wants to help her
Don't touch, don't look, don't think, best of luck
Why Should the Fire Die?
You're shining still behind the clouds
Saying I won't figure you out
I like it true, but let me try
And try and try for the rest of my life
I'm not scared of being alone
I'm not scared of being alone, being alone
I'm just happier being confused
Beside the fire, as long as it's with you
Tomorrow is a Long Time
If today was not an endless highway
If tonight was not a crooked trail
If tomorrow wasn't such a long time
Then lonesome would mean nothing to me at all
Yes, and only if my own true love was waiting
If I could hear his heart softly pounding
Yes, and only if he was lying by me
Hanging By a Thread
There's a certain kind of pain that can numb you
There's a type of freedom that can tie you down
Sometimes the unexplained can define you
And sometimes the silence is the only sound
Beauty and the Mess
I pull myself under and down I go again
it's just a little bit hard letting them in
looking at the world through elusive eyes
I hide in the spotlight it's a great disguise
Reasons Why
We get distracted by dreams of our own
But nobody's happy while feeling alone
And knowing how hard it hurts when we fall
We lean another ladder against the wrong wall
And climb high to the highest rung, to shake fists at the sky
While others have excuses, I have my reasons why
With so much deception it's hard not to wander away
This Side
One day you'll see her and you'll know what I mean.
Take her or leave her she will still be the same.
She'll not try to buy you with her time.
But nothing's the same, as you will see when she's gone.
You dream of colors that have never been made,
You imagine songs that have never been played.
They will try to buy you and your mind.
Only the curious have something to find.
I love all those songs, and I love this band. It's so depressing that they broke up. And actually, their songs all have a sort of sweetly sad tone to them. They aren't all upbeat and happy. A nice depressing little air about them. I love the harmonies, I think that's a big part of why I love this band. I never really listen to stuff like this... then I heard Helena by them. Bliss! It's like a bitter sweet bliss when listening/reading the lyrics. Anguish. You know? Sometimes I get in a mood where they are perfect to listen to.
This is where one of my favorite phrases came from. "Will I discover a soul saving love?" :]
No comments:
Post a Comment