Monday, April 7, 2008

Books, Reality, and Further Thoughts

My book experiment has failed miserably. That's kind of depressing. But I bought two books today! All free too. I had gift cards to Barnes and Noble. I'm going to start both today probably. I start multiple books at once and whichever one grabs my attention out of them all I finish that one first. Sometimes anyways. Most times I read just one at a time.

I love books because it's a form of entertainment you can lose yourself in. You can escape reality for a time, and sometimes I just need to escape the insanity of reality.

So here's a thought. We use books/movies/any type of entertainment to escape reality right? Why is reality so bad? Why does it have to be bad? Why? Why is our world just a piece of crap in general? Where'd all the good stuff go? You know let's go back to one of my favorite lyrical lines: Will I discover a soul saving love?". Favorite favorite favorite! That one line induces much thought in my mind. I've always thought, (Ok yes... whatever let's just leave religion out of this ok?), that perhaps love really does complete you, save you, keep you sane. I mean people say "I've found my other half". Sure life will never be perfect. But that one love, one person, one relationship that lasts a lifetime... I always thought it would just feel so right you know? The imperfections... you look past those. The disagreements, the fights, any conflicts, love surpasses them all up and over looks them. But I always hoped and had the idea that that person will be the one you can create a new reality with. When with them you're in another world, the crap world doesn't seem so real and being with them eases the burden. I think of it as this, when you're with that person you can rest from life's troubles, the hardships. Being with them is a comfort. All I can say is that it "feels right". As lame as that sounds. Am I making sense? If you're around them or talking to them life really does seem a bit sweeter.

I'm not making any sense. Maybe I'll try and elaborate later. But I really want to try and say what I'm thinking about this. It's always been on my mind. Oh well, better luck next time.

No comments: